What is conscious consumerism and how can we be more mindful consumers? As Black Friday and holiday deals proliferate, we thought it’d be a perfect time to look at how to make more mindful, ethical, and sustainable purchasing choices. We talk about our purchasing mindset and process as well as why conscious consumerism isn’t the be all end all.
Or simply listen to the episode below – no need to download anything, just hit the green play button! =)
In This Episode:
- What is conscious consumerism and does it matter?
- Balancing individual responsibility with corporate responsibility
- How to cut down on impulse purchases and purchase only what you truly need
- Practicing mindful consumerism while taking advantage of Black Friday deals
- The intersection with minimalism and conscious consumerism
- The affordability and privilege piece of the puzzle
- Our step by step process when we need to purchase something
- Thrifting and shopping secondhand
- The importance of supporting small businesses (both brick and mortar and online)
- Some mindset exercises for practicing mindful consumerism
- and more!