Today’s episode comes inspired from questions over the years on how we stay healthy on the road, as well as an increasing number of recent conversations in our personal lives around health and wellness. How do we stay healthy and fit while living full time on the road?
In this episode, we take listeners into our daily routines and habits that we maintain, no matter where we are, to stay healthy as full time travelers.
And now, onto the blog post!
Subscribe and listen to The House Sitting Travel Podcast below or on your favorite podcast app. Just search House Sitting Travel in your app of choice or click these links: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
In This Episode, We’ll Talk About:
- Plans for growing a community around this podcast
- What our workout schedule is like
- How we stay active while traveling
- How we build physical activity into our travel
- How often we eat out (guarantee you’ll be surprised!)
- What our meals at home look like
- Mitigating anxiety and stress
- Why our bedtime + sleep routines are so important (+ what we do)
- Resources for a healthy lifestyle (see below links too)
- How to apply everything we talk about to pandemic times
- and more!
Links + Resources Mentioned:
- Get in Touch on Instagram, Facebook, or through our Contact Us page
- The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains
- Our other recommended books on the internet effect
- NutritionFacts.Org – articles and videos on benefits of a whole foods, plant based diet (based on SCIENCE!)
- Lactose Normal
- Our Vegan Book List
- Rich Roll Podcast – long form conversations centered on health + wellness
- The Game Changers Documentary (plant based athletes, available on Netflix)
- Planet Fitness (cheap/flexible gym in the U.S. – good for digital nomads)
- Bodylastics – resistance band set that we use to work out at home (wherever that is!)
- Strong Strong Supply Co – Glute Bands that Sam uses
- MadFit YouTube – No Equipment workouts (she’s also vegan 😉 )
- Episode 13: Alternative Destinations: Sarajevo
- Episode 15: Slow Travel