The fear of the bad house sit is one that is on every prospective house sitters mind. They’re like the boogey monsters of house sitting.
But never fear: with the right strategies, you can avoid true horror story house sits. While we have certainly experienced a spectrum of house sitting experiences, we’ve never experienced a true horror story in all our years of house sitting.
In this episode, we share all the things that you should keep in mind as a house sitter to avoid potentially negative experiences. As we’ll reiterate throughout the episode, it’s all about the exchange!
Or simply listen to the episode below – no need to download anything, just hit the green play button! =)
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to determine an equal exchange s
- Things to look out for in house sit listings
- Why tone and attitude matters
- Things to consider wither other people on the premises during a house sit
- How to distinguish between true house sitting and what should be work exchange situations
- How to not take on too much
- Why communication and managing expectations is key
- Some of our learning experiences
- What we think is fair in house sitting
- How to handle borrowing cars
- If/when sitters should pay utilities
- Why a lack of trust is a huge red flag
- much more!