Welcome back to another episode of the podcast! In this episode, we’re going to be sharing our top ten sustainable travel tips. These are areas in which to reduce your negative impact and increase your positive impact on local communities, environments, and economies.
Want the cheat sheets? Click here to get your downloadable with our 10 sustainable travel tips!
Click the green button on the player below (no need to download anything) OR head to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Or simply listen to the episode below – no need to download anything, just hit the green play button! =)
Sustainable Travel Tips You’ll Learn:
- The three pillars of sustainable travel
- What we think is the difference between sustainable, responsible and ethical travel
- Why sustainable travel doesn’t have to be seen as a chore
- The importance of what mode of transportation you choose, both getting to your destination and when you’re there
- Our take on the “to fly or not to fly” discussion
- The low down on carbon off-setting
- How to have ethical animal experiences and how to avoid unethical ones
- Choosing ethical accommodation and the “Airbnb effect”
- Things to consider about voluntourism
- Sustainable packing to reduce waste while traveling
- much more!
Resource and Links Mentioned in the Episode
- Should We Stop Flying as Sustainable Travelers?
- 20 Sustainable Travel Tips for the More Conscious Traveler
- Gold Standard (carbon offsetting)
- How Bad are Bananas: The Carbon Footprint of Everything (book)
- We Need to Talk About Sustainable Travel
- Vegan Travel 101 Episode
- The “live like a local” travel ethos has failed locals (Airbnb effect)
- Tourists love ‘live like a local’ travel. Do locals? (video we mentioned about Airbnb effect in Lisbon)
- Why House Sitting is the Perfect Sustainable Accommodation
- Eco-Friendly Travel Gear
- Voluntourism: The Good and the Bad