Today’s extra special episode is all about Halloween in New York! In our humble opinions, this is the best time to spend in New York – and we’re talking both New York City and the surrounding areas. We discuss our many beloved experiences on Halloween in New York, unique things to do in New York at this time of year, and spooky places to visit in the surrounding area. This one’s a fun one – hope you enjoy!
Last but not least, if you’re not a member of TrustedHousesitters (our fav site) and want to join, click here to sign up with a 10% discount just for our readers.
And now, onto the blog post!
In This Episode:
- What we’re excited about this fall season
- A brief history of Halloween
- American Halloween traditions in general
- Why Halloween is the best time to visit New York
- Our fun and unique experiences in New York around Halloween
- Halloween in the U.S. vs our experiences of Halloween in other countries
- The world’s largest Halloween parade (and a dog parade!)
- Some costume traditions and our favorites that we’ve worn
- Things to do in NYC and the surrounding area during this time of year
- All about spooky Sleepy Hollow, New York
- Trick or Treating and Halloween decor
- lots more fun stuff!