We think about ethics a lot. As vegan, sustainable and responsible travelers, we strongly feel that it’s important to take personal responsibility and start living in alignment with one’s values. But how does one figure out what those values are, and how exactly does one live in alignment with one’s moral and ethical code?
We ponder these topics in this episode, along with suggestions and tips for figuring out what your values actually are and (if you already know), how to live in better alignment with what matters most to you.
Subscribe and listen to The House Sitting Travel Podcast below or on your favorite podcast app. Just search House Sitting Travel in your app of choice or click these links: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Last but not least, if you’re not a member of TrustedHousesitters (our fav site) and want to join, click here to sign up with a 10% discount just for our readers.
And now, onto the blog post!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to figure out what you value in the first place
- Why this pandemic could be the perfect time to live more in alignment with your values
- Why setting aside time for personal reflection is so important
- Key times in each of our lives when we developed core values and the commonality for both of us
- How to start living in alignment with your values
- The importance of daily habits and choices
- much more!
Links + Resources Mentioned:
- Alternative Travelers Listener Survey (takes less than 5 minutes!)
- Episode 3: Why We Went Vegan
- The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked by Adam Alter
- Ethical Chocolate App by Food Empowerment Project
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism by Dr. Melanie Joy