Cover Photo: Chris Montgomery on Unsplash
How can we maintain friendships when we cannot meet in person? True connection in the virtual space is one that can be difficult to navigate. We’ve been navigating this space for years as digital nomads and expats as more often than not, we are far from family and friends. We’ve all become more familiar with Zoom these days, but is that really all there is to it?
In this episode, we muse on the topic of virtual friendships, maintaining friendships, the changing nature of friendships, and our personal practices for keeping close friendships even over extended periods of time without seeing each other in person.
Blog post version of this episode to come soon!
Subscribe and listen to The House Sitting Travel Podcast below or on your favorite podcast app. Just search House Sitting Travel in your app of choice or click these links: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Last but not least, if you’re not a member of TrustedHousesitters and want to join, click here to sign up with a 10% discount just for our readers.
And now, onto the Trustedhousesitters review!
In This Episode:
- Navigating the world of friendship during a pandemic
- Why now is a good time to reconnect with people you may have lost touch with (and want to be in touch with again)
- How we’ve kept up friendships virtually for years as digital nomads
- Our personal friendship practices
- The ever changing nature of friendships
- Maintaining space and compassion for the ebb and flow of friendships
- How to make the most out of video chats (and what to do if you hate video chatting)
- Other ways to stay connected virtually
- Carving out and scheduling the space and time for others
- Social media and friendship
- and more!