Feature image: Honey Fangs
In this episode, we consider holiday travel in light of the global pandemic. Should we be traveling to see family during this time? And if so, how can we go about it as safely as possible? We go over all of the variables to consider this year and how this decision making process will be different for everyone. We share what we’re doing and all the factors and conversations that went into that decision, so that you can make the decision that’s right for you and your family.
Or simply listen to the episode below – no need to download anything, just hit the green play button! =)
And now, onto the blog post!
In This Episode:
- More about our new Patreon community
- Factors and variables to think about for holiday travel in 2020
- Who to listen to when considering travel right now
- How to assess high risk vs low risk
- Leisure travel vs family travel
- What we’re doing for the holidays and how we arrived at that decision
- Why everyone’s circumstances are different – there is no “catch all”
- The importance of testing. Is it free and widely available in your area?
- Why to always be re-evaluating as well as keeping plans flexible
- Why getting everyone on the same page is crucial if you plan to have a gathering
- Car vs plane travel
- much more!
Links + Resources Mentioned:
- Is There a Safe Way to Be Home for the Holidays? [The Atlantic]
- Is it safe to travel for the holidays this year? [CNN]
- Safety Turducken
- Long-Haulers Are Redefining COVID-19 [The Atlantic]
- “We just don’t know what’s happening in our bodies”: Covid-19 long-haulers are still suffering [Vox]
- At 12, She’s a Covid ‘Long Hauler’ [NY Times]
- The lasting misery of coronavirus long-haulers [Nature]
- How to think about coronavirus risk in your life [interview with Harvard epidemiologist on the Ezra Klein Show]
- House Sitting in a Pandemic [blog post]
- House Sitting in a Pandemic [podcast episode]
- Pandemic Update #3 [podcast episode]