In this episode, we talk about the role of social media in our lives, both negatively and positively. Online community is more important than ever, and we’ve been thinking for a long time how we can better gather our growing community of fellow alternative travelers in one place. We think we’ve found a great solution, which we’re super excited about! We’ll share more on that in our big announcement!
Subscribe and listen to The House Sitting Travel Podcast below or on your favorite podcast app. Just search House Sitting Travel in your app of choice or click these links: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
And now, onto the blog post!
In This Episode, We’ll Discuss:
- The buzz around The Social Dilemma (Netflix Documentary)
- Social media and creating community online
- The importance of community in general and right now
- The value of online community
- The social media experience as a creator
- The limitations with social media for nuanced discussion
- How we’re going to be creating community online in a different way
- Why we’re really excited about this shift
- How we want to work together on our mission for the future of travel
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- The Social Dilemma
- The Shallows: What The Internet is Doing to Our Brains
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- Elder Millennial (Netflix comedy special by Iliza Shlesinger)
- The Airbnb Effect