In this episode, we talk about the role of social media in our lives, both negatively and positively. Online community is more important than ever, and we’ve been thinking for a long time how we can better gather our growing community of fellow alternative travelers in one place. We think we’ve found a great solution, which we’re super excited about! We’ll share more on that in our big announcement!
Or simply listen to the episode below – no need to download anything, just hit the green play button! =)
And now, onto the blog post!
In This Episode, We’ll Discuss:
- The buzz around The Social Dilemma (Netflix Documentary)
- Social media and creating community online
- The importance of community in general and right now
- The value of online community
- The social media experience as a creator
- The limitations with social media for nuanced discussion
- How we’re going to be creating community online in a different way
- Why we’re really excited about this shift
- How we want to work together on our mission for the future of travel
- and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- The Social Dilemma
- The Shallows: What The Internet is Doing to Our Brains
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- Elder Millennial (Netflix comedy special by Iliza Shlesinger)
- The Airbnb Effect